Monday, May 13, 2013

Fortune Days




I laid on the floor, sprawled out like a crime scene chalk outline. My mind raced and I trembled as the drugs made their way through my veins. My vision blurred and the walls around me began to crumble and deteriorate. I tried, with all of my might to lift my head up, but my head and limbs were like bricks. That's when I began to float, I was lifted up off of the floor, and I felt so free. Now, there were no walls, no windows or doors; in its place was a huge field full of beautiful flowers swaying in the wind and basking in the sunshine. I breathed it all in. The sweet aroma filled my lungs. I glided softly through the air, skimming over the tall grass. I was finally living up to my nickname, 'little bird.'
At long last, I had escaped the haunting memories, yet there still remained a foreboding feeling that more was to come. Finally, I wound up drifting on a cloud, so soft and plush over the clearest ocean I had ever seen. This is where I wanted to be. Slowly though, the blue sky started to turn gray and I eventually woke up, drenched in sweat on my bedroom floor.
I could finally move again, though my extremities slightly tingled as my high faded. I sat up, and touched my matted, sweaty hair. I decided it was time for a shower, so I got up slowly, picked a pair of jeans, a cute shirt and some frilly underwear I had just bought from my closet, and went into my bathroom. I began to peel off what little clothing I had on and I felt the clammy skin beneath. This was the one thing I didn't like, I always felt disgusting after. I climbed into the shower, and turned on the cold water, thinking it might feel good against my hot skin. When I was finally immersed under the shower head, the iciness washed away the boiling heat and cooled me down. I just stood there allowing it to work its magic, until I heard yelling downstairs. I immediately turned off the water, lightly dried my hair, and put on the clothes I had selected earlier. I glanced at the mirror and saw the dark bags that encircled my blue eyes. I pulled some concealer and mascara from the drawer below the sink, and attempted to cover them up. They were still there, but it didn't look as bad as before. The yelling I had heard while I was in the shower continued, but I could now distinguish who it was. I made a list, Tibbs was whooping and hollering, Dal was cursing about something, Steve was being an idiot, and Soda was laughing.
They were the only ones I could hear, and luckily they were all downstairs. So I opened my door to go back to my room and clean up my mess, when I was greeted by Hunter. He smiled slyly when he saw me, and mentioned how he was too late to join me. Then he lunged at me, wrapping his arms all the way around my body. My arms were pinned to my sides and he kissed me. He then pushed me back into the bathroom, and closed the door. He gently lifted me up onto the sink counter, and continued to kiss me passionately. I could tell he had been smoking and drinking by the taste of his mouth, but the mixture of the two and his natural sweetness was too delightful to resist. He pressed between my legs, and began moving his hands down my sides. I pushed him back, "They are gonna be looking for you, and if Tibbs catches you up here like this, he will kill you." I said quietly, already wishing I hadn't.
Although I saw him everyday, I could never get enough of him. Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door.

"Audrey, are you in there?" Rhyan yelled loudly through the door.

"Yeah, just a sec." I jumped down off the counter and opened the door. The look on her face was priceless. Then she laughed, as we both exited the bathroom. I then informed her I would be downstairs in a minute. The two of them walked downstairs, and I ran to my room to hide my mess. Under my bed was an ornate wooden box that my mom gave me for my birthday one year, and I called it my treasure chest. There were a few remnants of things I cherished, but now it was also where I hid my drugs and booze. After I removed all evidence of illegal substances, I joined the others downstairs. By then, everyone, except Darry, was sitting or standing in my living room. I was informed that the boys were going to the rodeo, and the girls were having a girls night out, or as Bre liked to call it, a "No Dicks Allowed Party."
Boy did we make a day of it, shopping and a movie. When it was all over it was later than what we thought, so we split up according to who lived closer to whom and began our walk home. We didn't make it very far before unwelcome hands enveloped us. They pinned Blair and Rhyan to the ground, and began their assault while Jelly and I were being held back. The smell of the one holding me was familiar, although I couldn't see his face, I knew who he was. It was a repugnant odor. You would think that with him being a Soc he would take better care of himself, but I've met strays who smelled better than he did. That's when he put his mouth to my ear and whispered, " You're next Audrey, and this time it will be even sweeter than the last."

He continued to breathe hot, alcohol coated, breath into my ear.
"But Paul," I fought to face him, and get his mouth off of me. "Don't you remember what happened last time?" I asked.
He said nothing, as I looked him in the face and continued. "Last time, Hunter kicked your ass, and now that he and I are together... He won't hesitate to kill you. That is, unless I don't do it first. And believe me, I would love nothing more than to kill you myself and feel the the thrill of victory as I watch life leave your body. That's only after I brutally mutilate you, and cut off all of your extremities, including your very tiny excuse for a dick." I spat at him just as Darry ran to our rescue. "Bitch!" He screamed while pushing me to the ground and high tailing it away from us.
"Motherfucking cunt!" I hissed back.
That's when I made up my mind that one day, I was going to kill that son of a bitch, if it was the last thing I ever did.

Somehow we all wound up back at he Curtis' and I found myself enclosed in Hunter's arms. Everyone else was yelling, but I felt like I had just been jolted from a bad dream. He held me securely within his embrace, and kissed the nape of my neck. That's when I heard there would be a rumble, and at that moment I knew I could finally have my revenge.

The day of the rumble just couldn't get there fast enough, and seeing the Sons pull up outside of the Curtis' only made me even more excited. I was ready to kill a Soc, Paul Holden to be more exact, but I heard Darry lay down the law. No killing. No weapons. That wouldn't slow me down, and now that Hunter knew that Paul was the one that grabbed me, we would be tag teaming.

The trash talking started, and I eyed Paul. "You're mine." I screamed at him, giving him a lovely hand gesture. Hunter, who was standing next to me, looked me up and down with desire. It was the first time he had seen that from me, and I'm guessing he liked it. That's when I saw one of Tim's guys punch one of the smaller Socs, and I sprinted toward Paul. I jumped on him, with one hand on his throat, a knee to the balls, and the other hand causing his jaw to crack loudly. I just keeping swinging, and alternating hands. All of my anger and hatred for him flowed out. Apparently, I blacked out, because Hunter was pulling me off of him as the rest of the Socs were running away. I couldn't believe it was over, but I was ready to party. I kissed Hunter, and told him to have fun, while I ran off with Rhyan to celebrate.

*****
The sunlit broke through my window, and I could no longer keep my eyes closed. It blinded me at first, causing my head to throb, but then I adjusted. I realized I wasn't in my bed, or even my room, but I was laying in Hunter's bed completely naked, not covered at all. At that moment, Steve walked into the room.

"Dayum, girl. Are you waiting for me?" He winked.

"Ew, what the fuck? Why are you even here? Go home, Steve." I rasped at him, my voice still scratchy from screaming last night. He turned around mumbling something under his breath and left. I started rummaging through Hunter's room for my clothes, but they were nowhere to be found. So I grabbed one of Hunter's shirts, and slipped it on along with a pair of his gym shorts.

I sat on the end of the bed, and tried to remember how I got there, where my clothes were, and why I smelled like sex when Hunter wasn't there. I vaguely remembered kissing someone. It wasn't Hunter, it was someone different. A wave of panic washed over me.

Who did I kiss? I thought, and then another blurry memory came to mind. I was moaning loudly, and had my hand in their hair. It was longer than Hunter's and I looked down. It was a girl massaging my sex. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe.

I pretty much cheated on Hunter with a girl! I had sex with a girl! But who? My stomach turned, and I couldn't hold it back. I started vomiting on the floor, and the retching just wouldn't stop. I, Audrey Averlan Mathews, had sex with a girl, and I liked it? The thought made me heave even harder.

5 comments:

  1. I'll remember to always have a third party with me when we're together o.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side, at least now you'll know for sure what you like. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would've thought Audrey Matthews played for the other team :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... Y'know, it would be helpful if you could tell me these things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoooo just cause she had a drunken hookup doesn't mean that determines her sexuality.

    ReplyDelete